Known as master boatwrights and merchants, the Duma people of Gabon are located along the Ogooue River. The Duma people uses masks such as this one for social events, initiation rituals, and funerals. Ghana's Christopher Nyasafo designs this African mask, which is hand-carved from a single piece of sese wood. This mask depicts an oval face with squinted eyes, a pattern on the forehead, and a tiny smiling mouth with pointed teeth. Accents of recycled glass beads further enhance this stunning mask.
- Sese wood, recycled glass beads
- Features a rustic, rugged finish
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Intended as wall decor
- Promotesrecycling and reduces waste
- 1.90 lbs
- 16 inches H x 10 inches W x 4.7 inches D