As a traditional Akan adinkra symbol, the Sankofa bird has special significance in Ghana. The bird is always depicted as looking backwards, to symbolize the concept of 'going back to one's roots'. Artisan Abdul Aziz Mohamadu crafts this beautiful pair of sculptures from sustainable ebony wood, and adorns them with colorful recycled acrylic beads.
- Ebony wood, recycled acrylic beads
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Wood grain and color can vary slightly
- 1.61 lbs
- 7.8 inches Hx 4.3 inches W x 2.2 inches D
- 7.8 inches H x 3.9 inches W x 2.2 inches D