This beautiful retablo depicts a lively market stall where Andean textiles are bought and sold. In pre-Hispanic times, Inca weavings were more highly prized than gold and Peruvian textiles carry on the artistic tradition. By Julio Gallardo, the vignette shows colorful cloth hanging from ceiling and walls, shoppers, and a young artisan who puts the finishing touches on a work he has finished. The ceramic figurines are housed in a tornillo wood box, crafted and painted by hand.
- Tornillo wood, ceramic, iron hinges
- For use on a wall or a table
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Signed by the artist
- 3.31 lbs
- Closed: 13.8 inches H x 7.8 inches W x 2.8 inches D
- Open: 13.8 inches H x 16.3 inches W x 2.8 inches D